October 3, 2012

P1020624

I don't understand makeup, but I think I've probably reached an age at which it's unprofessional to show up for work bare-faced. So I went to Sephora and am pretty happy with what they prescribed for me, including foundation (Make Up For Ever's HD foundation in #127), eye liner crayon, eyeshadows, and mascara. And I received a stern admonition that I should always fill in my thick brows, even when I'm wearing nothing else. Prior to this, I had experimented a little with lipstick but mostly stuck to wearing sunscreen and perfume. (On that note, I have to say that I've loved Hanae Mori's Butterfly ever since I was a little kid. It's not the most sophisticated scent, but it's probably still my favorite. For people with less mainstream taste, MCMC fragrances are fantastic.)

And I like Jo Malone's candles. They're on the splurgy side, but they look great and burn for a long time. Emptied out, they're also good for holding tea lights.)

NARS heat wave lipstick
Khiel's musk (the perfume is better)
Acure argan oil (as moisturizer)
Olay Regenerist nighttime serum
Kiss My Face "face factor" SPF 30 sunscreen (I've tried them all. This one is my favorite.)
Nars brow pencil in stud
Urban Decay Naked palette
Shu Uemura lash curler
Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow 'matte brown'
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (I'm guessing that most mascaras are pretty much the same, so I'll just stick with sample tubes)

1 comment:

  1. I wore Hanae Mori Butterfly all through law school! These days, I alternate between Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil, and Jo Malone (mix of orange blossom and mint tea). If you don't want to wear lipstick all the time, I'm addicted to Buxom lip gloss (Sephora has them).

    ReplyDelete